Dealing With Biohazard & Vandalism
Fire & Water Damage may be what you think of when you hear the name SERVPRO, but bio-hazard, vandalism, and crime scene cleanups are also services of ours. Our bio-hazard services cover a variety of cleanings. Blood-borne Pathogens, Methamphetamine Labs, Crime Scene Residues, Arson and Vandalism, and Sewage Backups.
Vandalism is sometimes handled by property owners before SERVPRO is called out to the scene. Here are some Do's and Don'ts for handling vandalism damages.
- Hose or wash residues from the building exterior as soon as possible
- Carefully vacuum glass particles from carpet and upholstery
- Save containers revealing the ingredients of products used in the vandalism
- Record all damage and photograph when possible
- Attempt to remove ink, paint or cosmetic stains
- Operate damaged appliances
- Discard broken or damaged pieces from porcelain, furniture or other contents that may be used for repair