Before SERVPRO Arrives
- Leave soot on surfaces until a SERVPRO of Hockessin/Elsmere professional arrives and can assess the Fire damage. Cleaning surfaces may further damage furniture and walls.
- Restrain from walking, cleaning, or sitting on damaged furniture, carpets, upholstery, and walls until a SERVPRO of Hockessin/Elsmere professional has arrived.
- Electrical appliances like televisions sets, radios, microwaves, etc. that may have come in contact with water, soot, or fire should be avoided. Touching or cleaning electrical appliances should be handled by a SERVPRO professional or after consulting with an authorized repair service.
- All food, drinks, and water that are close to a fire damage or a water damage may be contaminated. All consumable goods should not be eaten, they should be thrown out.
- Leave all ceiling fixtures off. Moving air throughout the damaged rooms may cause more damage. Fire damage or water damage to the electrical wiring of ceiling fixtures are likely to heighten the risk of shock.
- Do not send damaged clothing and textiles to the dry cleaner before consulting with your insurance agent and your SERVPRO of Hockessin/Elsmere professionals. Damaged clothing and textiles are likely to be mishandled at a dry cleaners rather than with the use of SERVPRO of Hockessin/Elsmere's Esporta services.